Inaugurated on April 10, 1953, it continues to fulfill the purposes for which it was built. It has a capacity of 1,000 seats and has hosted the most varied personalities and artistic entities.
At the beginning of the 1950s, a piece of land was acquired (it was a hill) which, by force of arms, carts and baskets, was emptied of hundreds of cubic meters of earth and stone. Once leveled, it was able to build a theater, in which to offer concerts in a dignified way and, at the same time, could be used as a commercial movie theater.
This building, called TEATRO-CINEMA MONTECARLO, the pride of its almost 2,000 members, and built based on their voluntary contributions of work or money, only took approximately three years to build.
It was inaugurated on April 10, 1953 and continues to fulfill the purposes for which it was built.
It has a capacity of 1,000 seats and has hosted the most varied personalities and artistic entities in performance, not only nationally but also internationally, such as Mr. José Iturbi, RTVE Symphony Orchestra, Valencia Municipal Band and Orchestra, Valencia Symphony Orchestra, Berlin (former GDR), the Connecticut String Orchestra (USA) and the Bilbao Symphony Orchestra.
It has recently been remodeled during the years 90 to 93 and meets the latest security conditions. It is one of the few buildings in the town that can be called a monument, not only because of its grandeur, but also because of what it represents for an entire Society and a people. It is the fruit of the effort of many of the people who today come to it on a regular basis, either for film screenings, or for theatrical or musical events that take place there.